Reviews and recommendations are unbiased and products are independently selected. Postmedia may earn an affiliate commission from purchases made through links on this page.
5. A Complex Coast: A Kayak Journey from Vancouver Island to Alaska — David Norwell (Heritage House Publishing).
6. Cold Case B.C.: The Stories Behind the Province’s Most Sensational Murder and Missing Person Cases — Eve Lazarus (Arsenal Pulp Press).
7. A Kid’s Guide to Plants of the Pacific Northwest: with Cool Facts, Activities and Recipes — Philippa Joly (Harbour Publishing).
8. A Season on Vancouver Island — Bill Arnott (RMB|Rocky Mountain Books).
9. Wired for Music: A Search for Health and Joy Through the Science of Sound — Adriana Barton (Greystone Books).
10. The Secret Pocket — Peggy Janicki, illustrated by Carrielynn Victor (Orca Book Publishers).
11. The Power of Trees: How Ancient Forests Can Save Us if We Let Them — Peter Wohlleben (Greystone Books).
12. The Coastal Forager’s Cookbook: Feasting Wild in the Pacific Northwest — Robin Kort (TouchWood Editions).
13. Tracking Giants: Big Trees, Tiny Triumphs, and Misadventures in the Forest — Amanda Lewis Simpson (Greystone Books).
14. Oolichan Moon — Samantha Beynon, illustrated by Lucy Trimble (Harbour Publishing).
15. I Hear You, Ocean — Kallie George, illustrated by Carmen Mok (Greystone Books).
— Compiled by the Association of Book Publishers of B.C.
Support our journalism: Our in-depth journalism is possible thanks to the support of our subscribers. For just $3.50 per week, you can get unlimited, ad-lite access to The Vancouver Sun, The Province, National Post and 13 other Canadian news sites. Support us by subscribing today: The Vancouver Sun | The Province.