1. Every Child Matters — Phyllis Webstad, illustrated by Karlene Harvey (Medicine Wheel Publishing).
We apologize, but this video has failed to load.
tap here to see other videos from our team.
2. Unbroken: My Fight for Survival, Hope and Justice for Indigenous Women and Girls — Angela Sterritt (Greystone Books).
5. The Secret Pocket — Peggy Janicki, illustrated by Carrielynn Victor (Orca Book Publishers).
6. Inside the Belly of an Elephant: A Motorcycle Journey of Loss, Legacy and Ultimate Freedom — Todd Lawson (Rocky Mountain Books).
7. JAJ: A Haida Manga — Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas (Douglas & McIntyre).
8. Gumboot Guys: Nautical Adventures on British Columbia’s North Coast — edited by Lou Allison with Jane Wilde (Caitlin Press).
9. Crushed Wild Mint — Jess Housty (Nightwood Editions).
10. Skid Dogs — Emelia Symington-Fedy (Douglas & McIntyre).
11. Searching for Franklin: New Answers to the Great Arctic Mystery — Ken McGoogan (Douglas & McIntyre).
12. Bompa’s Insect Expedition — David Suzuki and Tanya Lloyd Kyi, illustrated by Qin Leng (Greystone Books).
13. Otter Doesn’t Know — Andrea Fritz (Orca Book Publishers).
14. To Track a Traitor: A Lane Winslow Mystery — Iona Whishaw (TouchWood Editions).
15. Fleece and Fibre: Textile Producers of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands — Francine McCabe (Heritage House Publishing).
— Compiled by the Association of Book Publishers of B.C.
Support our journalism: Our in-depth journalism is possible thanks to the support of our subscribers. For just $3.50 per week, you can get unlimited, ad-lite access to The Vancouver Sun, The Province, National Post and 13 other Canadian news sites. Support us by subscribing today: The Vancouver Sun | The Province.